Saturday, January 27, 2024

My attempt at changing the course of history


https://movieweb.com/rise-and-fall-of-stoner-comedies/



I was wondering where my favorite genre went.

For a while I was working on my own screenplay like this, and I thought it was weird that drama had taken over streaming during that time. Maybe it’s part of everyone’s shift away from TV and movies towards things that are online, like streaming services and social media. Now that Barbenheimer happened, maybe studios will take a chance at recapturing the stoner comedy demographic like they did with the marketing campaign towards the Barbie movie demographic.

As we’ve seen with Twilight, it really just takes one big hit for a bunch of copycats to pop-up. If done right, this can result in a stoner comedy renaissance as everyone from professional writers to TikTokers contribute to and refine the evolution of the genre.