Sunday, July 25, 2021

Blackfishing/Cancel Culture

I know that Kim Kardashian is part Black because I saw the episode where they share their DNA results and the differences between the sisters. Not sure if we should cancel everyone who appropriates Black culture, though. If anything, it makes it more acceptable to be Black because you’re showcasing Black beauty and style. Until my DNA test comes back, I’m not sure I’m allowed to have an opinion on this. I’m mixed but I look Spanish/French/tan. Possibly Russian since I look part Asian in the eyes and stuff. If it comes back part Black, I’ll embrace my heritage even if it makes me look like I’m blackfishing. I wear my hair in a wrap and wear baggy clothes, but since I’m Mexican/Asian/possibly Native-American/White, I just do what I want. My hair’s damaged and usually dirty, so I cover it up or wear a headband. If I had the money, I’d get a full weave like Iggy Azalea, which would probably make me look like I’m blackfishing...but it would be to protect my natural hair from heat styling.

https://www.insider.com/celebrities-blackfishing-accusations-racially-ambiguous?amp